May 22, 2015
- Ergo Exergy Technologies Inc. presented at the 7th International Conference on Clean Coal Technologies, that was held in Krakow, Poland, on May 17-21, 2015
April 14, 2014
- Chinchilla UCG Site: Clean Environmental Record 1999 – 2006
June 10, 2013
- South African Licensees of Ergo Exergy’s εUCG™ Technology Sasol and Eskom Sign UCG Collaboration Agreement
March 14, 2013
- Sasol Signs General License Agreement with Ergo Exergy Technologies for Underground Coal Gasification Technology
April 12, 2012
- Solid Energy and Ergo Exergy Successfully Start First UCG Plant in New Zealand
October 28, 2011
- Cougar Energy continues expansion of UCG into Asia, including China, Mongolia and Indonesia
October 21, 2011
- CIRI and Laurus Energy plan Seismic survey at Stone Horn Ridge in support of UCG project
October 17, 2011
- Cougar Energy Sues QLD Government and Officials for AU$34Mil, in relation to Shut down of Kingaroy UCG Project
March 1, 2011
- Cougar Energy's Kingaroy UCG project not favored by QLD Government.
February 23, 2011
- Laurus Energy Receives Permits for Parkland County UCG Project, Alberta, Canada.
January 28, 2011
- Solid Energy receives Permits for εUCG™ Pilot Plant in Huntly, New Zealand.
October 28, 2010
- Eskom and Ergo Exergy Deliver World First in Commercialising UCG.
October 22, 2010
– Solid Energy and Ergo Exergy complete εUCG™ Cold Testing at Huntly, New Zealand.
July 16, 2010
– Laboratory Mix-Up Causes Suspension of Operations at Cougar Energy’s Kingaroy UCG Plant.
June 22, 2010
- Stone Horn Ridge Begins Site Characterisation for εUCG™ Project in Alaska.
June 08, 2010
– Laurus Energy and CIRI Form Joint Venture Company to Commercialise UCG in Alaska.
March 15, 2010
– Successful ignition of pilot plant at Cougar Energy’s εUCG™ project in Kingaroy.
February 27, 2010
– AE Coal Technologies Ltd ties up with Ergo Exergy to undertake εUCG™ project in India.
February 20, 2010
– Eskom completes εUCG™ syngas pipe-line to Majuba power station.
January 20, 2010
- Eskom Celebrates Three Years Operation of its εUCG™ project in Majuba, South Africa.
December 20, 2009
– Solid Energy gains Board approval for its pilot εUCG™ operation using Ergo Exergy’s technology.
December 18, 2009
– Laurus Energy and CIRI partner for εUCG™ project in Alaska using Ergo Exergy’s εUCG™ technology.
September 16, 2009
– Laurus Energy submits joint application for Alberta εUCG™ Project.
September 14, 2009
– Ergo Exergy expands into bigger office with the addition of more staff.
August 06, 2009
– Cougar Energy and Ergo Exergy complete εUCG™ cold testing at Kingaroy, Australia.
July 17, 2009
– Solid Energy and Ergo Exergy complete UCG pre feasibility study in Huntly, New Zealand.
July 04, 2009
– Laurus Energy and Ergo Exergy complete UCG Site Characterisation in Alberta, Canada.
April 21, 2009
– World’s First UCG-IGCC Plant Approved in South Africa.
December 2, 2008
– Cougar Energy Commences Drilling for Site Characterisation at Kingaroy, Queensland, Australia.
November 28, 2008
– Solid Energy New Zealand completes site selection study for trial and commercial UCG operations in Huntly, New Zealand.
November 17, 2008
- Cougar Energy and Ergo Exergy Execute General License Agreement for Provision of εUCG™ Technology in Australia
April 10, 2008
– Ergo Exergy and Cougar Energy make Joint Presentation at Clean Coal Technologies Conference in Brisbane, Australia.
March 13, 2008
Majuba UCG Project Reaches 10,000 hours of continuous Operation
November 10, 2007
Ergo Exergy and Solid Energy New Zealand Ltd Execute General License Agreement for Provision of εUCG™ Technology in New Zealand.
June 28, 2007
- BP and Ergo Exergy sign Technical Alliance agreement on Underground Coal Gasification (press release)
22, 2007 - Second International Underground Coal Gasification Workshop
held in Houston, TX, USA.
19, 2007 - Majuba UCG Project is moving towards developing a pioneering
2,100 MW IGCC plant
January 20, 2007- First Underground Coal
Plant in Africa - in Operation!
December 5, 2006 - Ergo Exergy agrees to co-operate with Cougar Energy
2006 - Ergo Exergy terminates provision of UCG services
to Linc Energy Ltd (Queensland, Australia).
23, 2006 - Ergo Exergy terminates arrangements to provide εUCG™ technology to Linc
Energy Ltd (Queensland, Australia).
2006 - International Workshop on "Potential for Underground Coal Gasification" held in Houston, TX, USA.
May 8, 2006
- Ergo Exergy commences the first stage of the PRB UCG project with Gastech Inc, Casper, WY, USA.
2006 - Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
(Department of Energy, USA) and Ergo Exergy agree on
collaboration and research on underground gasification
2006 - GAIL (India) Ltd receives the approval of its
board for acquiring the license for εUCG
technology from Ergo Exergy Technologies, Inc.
06, 2005 - Ergo Exergy begins work with Eskom Holdings Limited
on the construction, commissioning and operation of the pilot εUCG
plant at Majuba, South Africa.
14, 2005 - Ergo Exergy co-authors a Testimony at the US
Congressional hearing on climate change.
01, 2005 - Ergo Exergy projects and εUCG
technology discussed in the MIT Laboratory for Energy and the
Environment, Cambridge, MA, USA.
September 15, 2005 - Completion of Site Characterization phase of the Majuba εUCG™ project in South Africa.
June 14, 2005 - Ergo Exergy begins
work with Solid Energy New Zealand Ltd on the first εUCG
project in New Zealand.
April 07, 2005 - Laurus Energy Inc. completes geological inventory of Canada coal resources suitable for εUCG
February 19, 2005 - Ergo Exergy signs a memorandum of cooperation (MOC)
with GAIL (India) Ltd, for development of commercial εUCG
projects in India.